Our writers will create one from scratch for
The enslaved moved in the attack first and their leader was Toussaint l ’Overture. The rebellion started on August 21, 1891. By 1972, the slaves were able to control a third of the island. These were a series of conflicts from 1791 to 1804 between the Haitian people and the armies of the British and French. The British arrived in 1793 and they withdrew in 1798. In 1801 l ’Overture moved into the Santo Domino (Dominican Republic) and he managed to end slavery and he declared himself Governor-General for his entire life over Hipiola. The Haitian people won their independence from France and were the first country that was founded by former slaves.
- How was the event significant to history? This event was the biggest and most successful slave rebellion in history. Slaves started the rebellion in 1791 and by 1803 they had achieved in ending not just slavery by the French hold over the colony. This colony is still going on today.
- Connects to other events: Opium War and Seven Weeks War. Both were fighting for their place to win for what they believed in to be right. Thereby trying to remove a certain group.
This event happened as a series of changes that impacted agriculture, industrialtechnology, labor, transportation and business. The first steam engine helped make machines move in factories and in addition powered trains and steamboats. The spinning jenny and the first sewing machine was invented to help improve cloth production.
The telegraph was invented and helped sendcommunicationmessages over wire. The process of making steel out of iron helped production of buildings and there was growth of more cities. Vaccines were developed to help people fight infections and live longer. The first light bulb to allow people to work at night. The model T was created with an assembly line to make them cheaper allowing more people to buy cars.
- How was the event significant to history? Many things were invented that helped growth, production, and business. It made transportation and communication easier for everyone. It improved the way of life for many people. The more the nation invents the more everyone progresses forward. This progression strengthen the British economy and paved the way for other industrialization.
- Connects to other events: This was a ” BOOM” of sorts as far as improvements in many areashealth, technology, transportation and business. The Progressive Movements was a ” BOOM” of sorts in improvements in laws, government and corporations/businesses.
Early on Europeans came into China and started taking advantage of the weak country. As they ran out ofmoneythey started to force China to take Opium. China was attempting to suppress the trade of Opium. Foreign traders (mostly British) were illegally exporting opium from India to China. The addiction moved quickly in China and it caused social and economic issues there. In spring 1839 the Chinese government confiscated and destroyed tons of opium at a warehouse in Canton that was held by British merchants.
The fight between the two sides continued to increase. The British attacked and occupied the city of Canon in May of 1841. The Chinese troops were inferior and the British captured Nanjing in late August which put an end to the fighting.
- How was the event significant to history? The Opium War for the Chinese is still considered part of the ” Century of Humiliation”
- Connects to other events: Haitian Revolution and Seven Weeks War. Both were fighting for their place to win for what they believed in to be right. Thereby trying to remove a certain group.
The seven weeks war was fought in 1866 between the German Confederation under the Austrian Empire and Kingdom of Prussia and Italy on the other side. The war was overleadershipover many different parties. Central Europe was split into a couple of large territories. Prussia challenged Austria for the leadership of the German Confederation. Prussia won the Battle of Koniggratz which the victory affected Austria’s exit from the Prussian dominated Germany. Then Prussian organized the North German Confederation.
- How was the event significant to history? Treaty was signed and it paved the way of the Austrian’s future cooperation with Prussia.
- Connects to other events: Haitian Revolution and Opium War. Both were fighting for their place to win for what they believed in to be right. Thereby trying to remove a certain group.
The progressive moment wanted to solve issues that were caused by industrialization, urbanization, immigrationand political corruption. It mainly targets political power houses. They wanted to take down political corrupt representatives. They wanted to regulate monopolies and corporations through antitrust laws. Progressives believed to solve problems in society it could be addressed by goodeducation, safe environments, and an efficient workplace some reforms werefoodand drug, railroad, how we elect senators, child labor, and prohibition.
- How was the event significant to history? The big impact was woman’s rights, child labor laws, the need for improving education, unions, and anti-trust legislation to name a few.
- Connects to other events: The Progressive Movements was a ” BOOM” of sorts in improvements in laws, government and corporations/businesses Industrialization of Britain was a ” BOOM” of sorts as far as improvements in many areas health, technology, transportation and business. The Progressive Movements was a Boom of sorts in improvements in laws, government and corporations/businesses.