The management structure of American Express Company is responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of its Consolidated Financial Statements, which have been prepared in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States, and include amounts based on the best judgment of management. The company’s management is also responsible for the accuracy and consistency of other financial information included in this annual report.
Our writers will create one from scratch for
In recognition of itsresponsibilityfor the integrity and objectivity of data in the financial statements, the company maintains a system of internal control over financial reporting which is designed to provide reasonable, but not absolute, assurance withrespectto the reliability of the company’s financial statements. The concept of reasonable assurance is based on the notion that the cost of the internal control system should not exceed the benefits derived. The internal control system is founded on an ethical climate and includes:
• an organizational structure with clearly defined lines of responsibility, policies and procedures
• a Code of Conduct, and
• the careful selection and training of employees.
Org chart (Team)
- Stephen J. Squeri – Chairman & CEO
- Alan Gallo – Chief Audit Executive and Executive Vice President, Internal Audit Group
- Anna Marrs – President, Global Commercial Services
- Anré Williams – Group President, Global Merchant & Network Services
- Denise Pickett – President, Global Services Group
- Douglas E. Buckminster – Group President, Global Consumer Services
- Elizabeth Rutledge – CMO
- Jeffrey C. Campbell – EVP & CFO
- Laureen E. Seeger – EVP & General Counsel
- Marc D. Gordon – EVP & CIO
- Michael John O’Neill – EVP Corporate Affairs ; Communications
- Mohammed Badi – Chief Strategy OfficerMonique
- Herena – Chief Human Resources Officer
- Raymond Joabar – Chief Risk Officer and President, Global Risk, Banking ; Compliance
Internal auditors monitor and assess the effectiveness of the internal control system and report their findings to management and the Board of Directors throughout the year. The company’s independent auditors are engaged to express an opinion on the year-end financial statements and, with the coordinated support of the internal auditors, review the financial records and related data and test the internal control system over financial reporting.